5 Family Friendly Activities to help you soak up the Last Weeks of Summer!
GET A FREE MOVING TIMELINE GUIDE Get your guide today and start developing your moving timeline.
Soakin’ Summer Series: Cool off at Evans Town Center on August 1 from 10am-2pm $2/ child or free with park pass.
Catch a Baseball Game at SRP Park:
The Greenjackets are wrapping up their inaugural season at SRP Park soon. You can catch them at home on 7/31, 8/1, 8/7, 8/8 8/9 and 8/10 starting at 5PM.
Explore Historic Summerville during First Thursday:
2113 Kings Way | Augusta, GA – August 2 at 5PM Spend your evening exploring the shops of midtown and the historic Summerville neighborhood. Special sales, live music, local art as well as tours of Old #7 – a hundred year old fire station!
Get Outside & Explore:
The CSRA has tons of great local parks and facilities full of playgrounds, trails, gardens and more. Here are a few to consider visiting:
- Pendleton King Park – 1600 Troupe St, Augusta, GA
- Phinizy Swamp Nature Park – 1858 Lock and Dam Road, Augusta, GA
- New Savannah Bluff Lock & Dam – 2105 Lock and Dam Rd, Augusta, GA
- Hopeland Gardens – 135 Dupree Pl, Aiken, SC
- Living History Park – 218 W Spring Grove Ave, North Augusta, SC
- Patriots Park – 5445 Columbia Rd, Grovetown, GA
Take a Day Trip to a waterpark:
If you’re looking for water slides, lazy rivers and more, check out some of these waterparks in places likes Columbia, Charleston, Statesboro, and Marietta; all perfect for a quick day trip from Augusta. We hope everyone has a great last few weeks of summer and a wonderful start back to school!
Remember, local schools start back on the following dates:
- Richmond County: August 7, 2018
- Columbia County: August 8, 2018
- Aiken County: August 20, 2018
SOURCES: Feature photo from Evans Town Centre Park Columbia County, GA