Your Options when Moving: A look at Full-Service Relocations
GET A FREE MOVING TIMELINE GUIDE Get your guide today and start developing your moving timeline.
When you start planning a move there are a lot of things to consider. After figuring out the timeframe, you’ll probably start working on how to get all the heavy lifting done. When it comes to the actual move, there are tons of options out there, from gathering up friends and family and paying them in pizza and beer, to renting a portable storage container, renting a truck and some dollys, hiring out labor for the day, and more. As an agent for United Van Lines our team specializes in something called “full-service relocations”. If you’re not sure what that means or why it provides additional value, we’re taking a closer look at everything that is included in our full-service relocations.
What is included in Full-service Relocation?
A full-service relocation means we help you through every step of the process. From your initial consultation and in-home estimate, we will pair you with an in-house move coordinator who will be your personal point of contact and make sure you have all the tools and information you need to make moving day a breeze. In addition, our full-service moves include things like:
- Pre-move planning and in-home estimates
- Personal move coordinator
- Experienced team of household good movers
- Home protection during loading and unloading
- Full packing services
- Loading and unloading of goods
- Full unpacking services
- Debris removal
- Storage services available upon request.
As you can see, there are many benefits associated with full-service relocations, as they get rid of much of the stress that normally accompanies a move. Knowing that the physical “moving” part is being taken care of through a reputable company, means that you can direct your energies to other aspects of the moving process, including canceling services and arranging for your mail to be forwarded. When you arrive at your new home, you can focus on setting up these very services, such as your cable and utilities, rather than having to unpack everything. One of the major tasks when it comes to planning a move is figuring out who will do the manual labor. When you select a full-service relocation option, all of those tasks are handled for you by our team of professionals, which helps minimize the risk of injury and damage, and often saves you time on moving day. For certain segments of the population, including the elderly or those with preexisting injuries, this is an immense benefit. Some of our customers’ favorite features of our full-service relocations include:
- Disassembling/Reassembling furniture Our team will disassemble your furniture at your old home and reassemble it at the new one. Our team is equipped with tools to get the job done correctly and will organize parts and pieces (including hardware) to ensure they are easy to find when arriving at your new home.
- Relocating Fragile/Specialty Items Items like china cabinets, antique furniture, pianos, large art pieces, TVs, and appliances can be hard to handle during a move. Knowing how to prep these items for relocation and wrapping them appropriately is key in ensuring that they arrive at your new home safely and our team is specifically trained to prep these items for safe transit.
- Providing Specialty Packing Materials We aren’t just giving you boxes and old newspapers to wrap your items before packing. Our movers will bring specialty packing materials like padding, shrink wrap, moving blankets, bubble wrap, packing tape, labels, and more to help pack and protect your items in transit. Each item that needs special attention will be handled accordingly.
For over 50 years our team has been providing full-service relocations right here in Augusta, GA and across the U.S. For many of our customers, knowing what to expect and having less of the process to manage, goes a long way in relieving stress on moving day. If you are currently weighing your options for an upcoming move, consider the added benefits of a full-service relocation and contact us today for a free in-home estimate and to learn more about our relocation options.