GET A FREE MOVING TIMELINE GUIDE Get your guide today and start developing your moving timeline.
While summer relocations tend to be the norm, you might be surprised at how opting for a fall or winter move might benefit you. Most families tend to move in the summer because kids are out of school, many sports and activities are on break, and there just seems to be more time to get it all done, but that isn’t the case for most moving companies. As I am sure you know, if you have been following us, summer is one of the busiest times for moving companies. Many of them begin booking for the summer months in early April and can see blackout times where no crews or trucks are available for additional relocations until after Labor Day. Having the freedom to book on your own schedule is just one of the benefits of choosing to relocate outside of peak season. Check out this list of the top benefits to see why that later date might add up to some big benefits:
- AVAILABILITY: As we already stated, availability is a big benefit of opting for a fall or winter season relocation. Even if you prefer to move when kids are out of school, the holidays offer some extra time to get moved and settled, and kids can start a new semester at their new school, so relocating over winter break is always an option.
- PRICING: Another effect of peak season business is pricing, sometimes opting for a relocation in the fall or winter, when the work load is lighter, affords you the chance to save on moving expenses.
- SAVE ON ADDITIONAL EXPENSES: It’s not just the actual cost of moving that might be a little lower, but the associated costs of a relocation can be less as well. Especially if you are relocating long distance, gas and hotel expenses tend to be higher in the summer months when more people are traveling, in addition, many retailers have tons of cost saving opportunities on home furnishings and appliances at year end, so it’s a great time to save on outfitting your new space!
- WEATHER: In Augusta, it’s no secret that summers are hot and humid, and we are lucky to have relatively mild winters. Moving in the heat of the summer can be a drag, so if you have the flexibility, take advantage of moving in the cooler weather and save some of the sweat equity for another time!
- HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: We get it, moving during the holiday season sounds like a drag, but that’s no reason to skip out on relocating in early fall. Just think, what could be better than being in your new home for the upcoming holiday season?
If you are considering a fall or winter relocation, locally, in the Augusta, GA area, or even long-distance, contact ADSI Moving Systems for a free in home estimate. Our team is dedicated to providing a customer focused, quality driven experience, so let us show you what it means to have the ADSI advantage.